Are you called to Mission? Brighter Future International Trust is a Christian charity based in Bourne, Lincolnshire which is passionate about making a difference to the lives of people living with disease and poverty in India. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to take on a newly-created role that is focussed on raising much needed funds for the work of Brighter Future as well as building strong relationships with our supporters. The role is home-based, part-time (22.5 hours per week – flexible days) – £15,000 p.a. More details on the noticeboard or on the website.
Why work for us?
Our small team of Trustees are a fun and lively group of people! We’re hands-on, sharing workloads to support one another, keeping Jesus at the centre of all we do. We’re part of something amazing – changing people’s lives, and there is nothing more rewarding than that!
You’ll be fully trained by an experienced fund raiser with 15 years in the charity sector and have the opportunity to attend external training courses too. You’ll also have the opportunity to visit the communities Brighter Future serves in India.
Have a look at our website to see what we’re doing: https://www.brighterfutureinternationaltrust.co.uk/
What you must have
• A genuine love for people from all backgrounds and the ability to build relationships with ease
• A successful track record of working in a sales or customer-facing environment
• Superb organisational skills and ability to work to multiple deadlines
• Self-motivated with the capacity to work as part of a team and independently
• Great written English with a flair for writing copy
• Confident and engaging on the telephone
• Excellent attention to detail
• Microsoft Office skills with the ability to analyse data
It would be nice if you had
• Basic design skills in Canva or Photoshop
• Awareness of International Development issues
• An understanding of the charity sector
How do I apply?
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter (explaining why you would like to apply for this role) by 12th March 2019 latest, on email to info(robrighterfutureinternationaltrusl.co.uk or post to Louise Timmins, Brighter Future International Trust, 1 Charlie’s Yard, Dyke, Bourne, Lincolnshire, PE10 0GQ
Initial telephone interviews are likely to take place 15th March, followed by final interviews in Peterborough on 21st March.
Please note: satisfactory references, evidence of the correct permission to work in the UK and an enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required before the successful applicant can take up the post.