Team Vicar with responsibility for Whissendine, Teigh, Ashwell and Market Overton
The Bishop of Peterborough and the Team Rector of Oakham seek to appoint a priest who is committed to collaborative ministry, to offer pastoral care and missional leadership to four of the villages, whilst also playing a full part in the life of the team, which comprises three team clergy of incumbent status, two curates and nine lay ministers, supported by a number of retired and other clergy. The post would be suitable for a range of applicants, including those seeking a first post of responsibility who would be keen to work alongside more experienced colleagues. We seek:
- A skilled and approachable pastor with strong interpersonal skills and a genuine interest in people and village life, willing to be available to the whole community
- An able preacher who can communicate the riches of the faith and be an enthusiastic enabler of growth
- A priest with a flexible and creative approach to liturgy, comfortable with a range of styles including BCP, Common Worship and more informal services
- A priest confident in working with children, young people and their families and able to build upon relationships with church school staff and pupils
- Someone who both attends carefully to their own spiritual life and nurtures and encourages the ministry of others.
We would love to hear from you!
Profile available to download below
Informal enquiries to: Canon Lee Francis-Dehqani (Team Rector) T: 01572 722108 E: email@example.com
Application form available from the Archdeacon’s Office: E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01733 887017
Closing date for applications: noon Friday 26 May
Interview date: Friday 23 June
Enhanced DBS Disclosure required.