The Church’s year is divided into a number of seasons. Our journey through the seasons helps as we try to conform the patterns of our lives to the way of Jesus Christ. As we make our pilgrimage through the year we follow the story of Christ’s birth, life, death, resurrection and ascension and celebrate our identity as His Church.
The seasons are
- Advent in which we prepare ourselves for the coming of Christ.
- Christmas in which we celebrate the birth of Christ.
- Epiphany in which we remember the arrival of the Wise Men in Bethlehem and the dedication of Christ at the temple.
- Lent in which we prepare ourselves to remember Christ’s death and passion.
- Easter in which we celebrate Christ’s rising from the dead and his ascending to heaven as well as the founding of his Church at Pentecost.
- Ordinary Time which begins with the celebration of the Trinity and culminates with the celebrations of All Saints and Christ the King. We also give thanks at Harvest and call to mind those we have lost at All Souls and Remembrance.